HELP US RAISE VITAL FUNDS
Until now, fundraising challenges that match your strength of feeling for improving life for people with a brain tumour have been few and far between.
Follow the Seagulls and the superheroes that take part have now raised over £150,000 to help people with a brain tumour to be less afraid, less alone and more in control.
Now is your chance to help us shape brain tumour support in the UK and change the lives of those who we help.
Your walk and your fundraising is vital so we will help you every step of the way.
There are many ways that you can fundraise to reach your target, but the fist step on your journey should be to set up a JustGiving page at www.justgiving.com/brainstrust
Making the most of your fundraising page:
Now that you have set up your fundraising page, it is just as important to personalise and promote it everyone that you can think of in your network. I'm sure you are asked many times a year to sponsor friends, family and colleagues taking part in similar fundraising events. Make your page stand out by giving it a personal touch and ask those people to donate to your page!
Key points worth remembering when personalising your page are to:
- Add images of yourself, this could be of you training for the walk or even doing something similar. If you are doing your fundraising challenge on behalf of somebody else with a brain tumour, include images of them as well, if they are happy for you to do so of course.
- Add your story of why you are doing Follow the Seagulls and why you are doing it for brainstrust.
- Keep everyone updated with how your training is going using the updates facility. Let your supporters feel like they are on the journey with you.
Other simple things worth considering are:
- Put a link to your page in your email signature. This gives you a huge amount of exposure with minimal effort.
- Publicise your fundraising page on your social media platforms. And don't forget to tag us! (@brainstrustuk #followtheseagulls)
All of your sponsorship raised via JustGiving will come directly to us. However if you choose to raise funds in other ways, or wish to make a donation you can pay this in using the following methods:
You can pay in your fundraising direct to brainstrust on our website: www.brainstrust.org.uk/donate/
Be sure to let us know that it's your hard-earned fundraising for Follow the Seagulls.
‘Make a payment’ using your bank’s Internet Banking service direct to our charity bank account: payee brainstrust, referencing 'Seagulls', sort code 08-92-99, and account number 65204003
Donate by cheque
Simply post your cheque to: brainstrust, 4 Yvery Court,
Castle Road, Cowes, Isle of Wight, PO31 7QG
Please reference 'Follow the Seagulls' and your names on these cheques.
Over the phone: just give us a call on 01983 292 405
Don’t forget to Gift Aid it – one simple form can add 25% to your donation!
To get help and support with your fundraising, contact Sophie by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org